Our Statement of Essential Beliefs
While Ridgeview Christian School is a ministry of Ridgeview Baptist Church, our ministry serves members of many different churches in our community. While we may not agree on all matters of doctrine. Here are the areas we believe are essential.
- We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration and the infallibility of the Scripture.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of Mary, a virgin, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God: and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him, with sorrow and repentance, are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven and His present life there as High Priest and advocate.
- We believe in “that blessed hope”, the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, when the Church (the dead in Christ shall be raised and those who are alive shall be changed), will be gathered together unto Him.
- We believe that all who receive, by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.